Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween memory game.

Here is an inexpensive and fun craft project. And since we live on a very tight budget we like inexpensive.
The list:

11/2 inch wooden discs

Halloween themed rub-on decals (or stickers)

Mod podge (or another sealant)

1 tin container

tissue paper

Start by wiping the discs with a lightly wet cloth to make sure they are free of dust.

Slowly rub the decals onto the discs. This step can be tedious so do not rush it.

Once this is done, you can apply the sealant. That will help preventing scratches.

Apply a few coats of sealant and and allow plenty of time to dry.

I found a container at the craft store that is just a little wider than the discs, so I decided to line it with some tissue paper. And there you have it.

The great thing about this project is that you can make it for any occasion and it makes a very nice hand made gift.
While I was waiting for the last coat of mod podge to dry I took a plastic golf ball from the kids toy box. I cut a small opening and glued it on top of a battery operated tea light. Using some small pieces of black stickers I glued on a face and made a tiny Golf-O-lantern!

No comments: