Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning from the big brothers.

As the children are growing up they interact a lot more with each other, especially John and Grace.
He loves to teach her new things and she loves to learn; monkey see monkey do.
For some reason she learns a lot more from him than she does from me. No matter how many times I try to have her learn a new word, she won't say it. John, however says something once and she repeats it right away. I am actually very happy about them playing together but John is 31/2 which means that the new vocabulary that he teaches Grace is far from what I want her to learn.
So, as I am writing this post,  it absolutely fills my heart to listen to them cracking up together, and if you are a parent you know exactly what I am talking about. There is nothing better than seeing your kids having fun together and getting along. 
Unfortunately,  I (and everybody else around) has to hear Grace saying (very proudly) her new word all day: "poopyhead! poopyhead!"
Thank you John!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be thankful she is not learning her words from a 14 year old. That would be really colorful.
Cute blog and thanks for following me.