When it comes to crafts, my specialty is crafts with pipe cleaners. I could make almost anything out of these chenille stems; from animals like baby chicks, or penguins to flower arrangements. (And yes, I am available for parties and workshops.)
So as St Patrick's day is just around the corner, I am going to show you how to easily make some pipe cleaner shamrocks that you can use as jewelery (pins) or to decorate homemade postcards or invitations to your St patty's day party.
For the shamrocks all you will need is a few bumpy green and white pipe cleaners.
- Place the pipe cleaner on a clean work surface.
- Bend the top bump into the shape of a leaf, twisting to secure.
- Fashion leaves out of the second and third bumps.
- Twist final bump around the center of the leaves once or twice to stabilize, then bend it into a stem.
- Trim off sharp, pointy end of pipe cleaner.
Once you are done with the shamrocks you can turn them into anything.
Pin them to your Irish sweater using small safety pins, glue them on hair pins...just use your imagination and have a happy St Patrick's day!!