- Unwrap the crayons and sort them by color. You can also mix some colors together for a funkier look.
- Melt your crayons in a "bain marie" (in a container dipped in boiling water).
- Once melted pour the wax into a candy mold.
- Let it cool down, you can stick them in the freezer to save time. Once cool they will pop right out of the molds.
- Put them in a box or bag with a little message. Mine will say "Have a colorful Christmas with these crayons." You can also add a coloring page that you can download from the internet. Click here for some free pages.
Monday, November 29, 2010
This is certainly not a new idea and I have seen it done many different ways, but here is how I recycled our crayons.