Friday, March 18, 2011

Cute and "Springy" coasters.

Yesterday, Gracie and I took a trip to Michael's to get some Hard Coat Mod Podge. They had a lot of mixed items for 50cents each so we ended up going home with a lot more than what we came for.
Among other things I bought a set of 8 coasters but I didn't like their design so I also got some pastel theme printed cardstock paper.
I traced the coasters on the back of the paper and cut it up.
Using some regular Mod Podge I glued each piece of paper to the front of the coasters and let it dry overnight.
This afternoon, while Grace is taking her nap, Matthew is on a play date and John is watching Caillou, I applied a coat of Hard Coat Mod Podge to the coasters.
I had never used this Mod Podge before so I went light on it. I just checked on the coasters and they are already dry, however I will apply another coat later.
I can't wait to use them this weekend and share a nice bottle of Chardonnay with MommyO to welcome Spring.
 

No comments: