Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcoming Spring with Sir Elton and some snow!

As a Christmas gift to Eileen, I had bought a pair of tickets to see Elton John at the Garden. I am not as much a fan as Eileen is, but I like his music and I know most of his greatest hits. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 4 decades you have to know most of his hits, and he's known to put on great shows.
So after leaving the kids in good hands, we embarked the Mommobile en route for the Garden.
And it was no disappointment, at almost 64 years old Sir Elton can still rock the house. He even had Leon Russell play a few songs with him. I have to admit that we had no idea who he was (and neither did 95% of the audience) so I googled him this morning and at almost 69 he is sill a fantastic piano player.
Except for his last album, Eileen had a great time singing (and dancing) along, to all her favorite songs and I had a very good time listening to some great music in very good company! 
As the saying goes, every good thing comes to an end and we woke up this morning to a thin blanket of snow and some freezing rain.
Happy Spring everyone!!!



No comments: